Thursday, July 9, 2009

Idea Block

I've spent a little bit more time coding for my game recently (as I've had the time), and added a number of new features, but I've come to the point where I can't really think of anything to add. I know there are improvements, new features, etc. I could make, but I just can't think of them.

Some of the things I've done recently are: Different colours when poisoned/frozen/weak; Changed the bullet picture; added new maps; made maps use xml; reworked threading to make it much simpler; basically finished the manual; damage bonuses when using different tower types. But all of these are pretty small changes really.

I'm sure if I could get more people to play it, they'd give my ideas, but as it is now, hardly anyone plays it (I'm around 1 hit a day, if that). But if I leave it where it is now, I can't get too many hits before the site will go down (as I'm on limited bandwidth) - that's an issue I can sort out when it becomes a problem though.

I don't want to let this die though, it's one of my greatest achievements, and I've spent a lot of time writing it. And I think it's good enough for a bunch of people to get enjoyment out of, and it can still be improved. Ah well, I'll mull it over for a bit and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment