Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grrr... blog issues

I just had some annoying blog issues when making that last entry.

Firstly, not all my bits of LaTeX code would show, I think it's because some of them were too long. So I made my own images and uploaded them. That's why some of the images look a little different to the others (I reckon they look better as they seem to have better anti-alisaing.

Secondly, to try and solve the above problem, and the fact that a number of the images were too wide for my blog, I started hacking at the template. Since some of the backgrounds were images, I had to download them and make them wider for myself. Blogger uses picasa by default for images, which is really annoying for getting a direct link, normal size, to an image, and it doesn't seem to have any regular way of providing the links, there seem to be almost random character combinations in the url. So I gave up on this and as you can see, I don't use images in the background of the main areas (there still are a few images in other places, but I think I'll keep them). I did get the template working alright though, it'll probably change some more in the near future.

By default, blogger automatically puts html breaks in where you have line breaks in the input area. This was messing me up a little so I turned this off. Blogger then goes and decides to apply this retrospectively, breaking all my previous posts so I had to go and fix them, lucky this blog is pretty new and there were less than 30... I think this way will be an improvement for the future though, it gives me more flexibility when writing and lets me practise my html more.

Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment