Thursday, June 11, 2009

An amusing site I found

While surfing the interwebs (I'm not very good so sometimes fall in), I found this site. I found it amusing so thought I'd share. It reminded of another site I came across not so long ago.

It also contains one of my pet peeves: a gif image. Nowadays, gif images should only be used when an animated image is required as png images will almost always give a smaller image, at no loss of quality. For instance, I downloaded the image, and ran it through optipng (to convert it to a png and do some png compression stuff) and achieved a 51.76% file size decrease. Then I managed to shrink it a further 6% using advpng -z4. A file less that half the original size of exactly the same quality is not to be sniffed at.

This page also contained an Easter Egg, which wasted around half an hour of my time (not finding it, that was trivial, but the page itself), though it to was amusing. There I found yet another amusing link of a similar variety.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment