Monday, May 25, 2009

I had a dream.

I had the weirdest dream this morning, it could've been straight from a novel or a movie. Here's a quick overview of what happened:

There's a family, Father, Mother and son (all unnamed) living in Russia, not necessarily today, or maybe just a country with an oppressive regime. At some point the Mother and child end up fleeing, I'm not sure what happened to the Father. The Mother ends up in Korea and the child in New Zealand.

A significant amount of time passes, during which I don't know what happened, then the Father and the child are reunited in back at their old home. (Perhaps the Father had been there the whole time). They get along relatively well, but things are a little strained. Then the Father gets a new job working for the government who he detests, but he loves the job. So every morning he considers not going, but every morning he still goes, and comes back satisfied.

Now, one day he gets some award, probably as whatever he was working on gets completed, or is successful, I don't know. Soon the mother is back there too. Things are very strained as apparently the Father had raped the Mother to have their child.

The mother and son are talking one day about fleeing again, this time as a family, but the regime hears about it, and they are forced to flee straight away.

The dream ended with the three of them in a car on the run.

Pretty crazy, huh? I hope I didn't forget any of the more important details.

In fact, this dream occurred in the 10 minutes between when I hit snooze on my alarm, and it went off for the second time.

I've been thinking if I ever write a book (or a movie) this might be a cool idea. Take what you will from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment