Monday, April 18, 2011

Underoath

I sometimes forget how much I love listening to Underoath. They're such a great band, particularly their last three albums (Define the Great Line, Lost In The Sound of Separation, and Ø (Disambiguation)). Sometimes it can be a bit heavy, and I'm not in the mood for it, but so often it just fits perfectly. Good music, good lyrics (even if they can be hard to interpret at times).

I can just sit and listen for ages. Or I sit and listen with the lyrics in front of me (Ctrl+T in banshee), and finally learn what they're actually saying. They usually speak of the troubles of life, particularly life as a Christian, in a world where it can be hard.

For instance, the song I'm listening to now, A Fault Line, A Fault of Mine has the verse:

I was lying when I said, I was looking up
I was too scared to show what I am
Bear with me, bear with me, this is all I have left
This might be more than a simple conversation

Which is exactly how I feel at times. I find it encouraging, and it's really helped me through some times when I haven't been feeling myself. Give them a listen, you might enjoy it (or get a headache).

No comments:

Post a Comment