Monday, August 17, 2009

My most productive evening of study - ever

As the title suggests, I think this evening has been the most productive evening of study I've ever had. I got home just before 6pm, and probably studied for all bar 1-2 hours of that until now (11:20pm), and it's not even as if I have something really urgent that I need to finish.

So, when I got home I started my Calc assignment first, spend around an hour working at that, doing a considerable amount. Then we had dinner, and afterwards I went downstairs and did a few things on my computer (not taking much time altogether), then starting reading The C Book as study for a test I have on Wednesday. After a while I stopped, finished my Calc assignment (which was fairly straightforward, though relatively long, 5 pages in all). Then I came back downstairs and continued reading the aforementioned book. I think I read almost 100 pages (as in the pdf version), and now I'm writing this.

I don't think I've ever spent so little time doing other things, even when I had a big assignment, lab report, test or exam the following day. It's crazy. It's as if I've got all motivated or something. But I think it's a good thing, so far at uni I've been cruising a bit too much, doing the minimum necessary for good grades, when it would be better to understand what I'm studying a little better, and with better time management I should be able to keep my sleep more consistent which has to be a plus (I fall asleep way too often in lectures).

I'll see if I can keep this up now...

No comments:

Post a Comment