Saturday, September 19, 2009

Welcome To The Masquerade

I bought Thousand Foot Krutch's new album on Monday, and it's awesome! Wasn't even all that long I had to wait to be able to get it here after the US release, less than a week which is much better than the about 2 weeks I had to wait for The Flame In All Of Us (TFIAOS). I had really been looking forward to this, the promotion TFK did for it, the teasers and all really had me hooked, though it's much better hearing it as the entire album than the few songs they had released.

The album just works so nicely as an album, the songs fit together, the sound is fairly consistent without being all the same. And it's heavier, much heavier than TFIAOS, which I like. I'm not sure whether in ranks above Phenomenon as my favourite TFK album (and favourite album of any band), but if it doesn't it comes close.

My favourite song on it (at least for the moment) is E for Extinction. It has a great quiet - loud - quiet sound which is always good, and a good message to go along with it. I particularly like the lyric When we move we camouflage ourselves. We stand in the shadows waiting. Which really hit me. I also like the song The Part That Hurts The Most (Is Me). Which also sounds great and has some good, hard hitting lyrics which I think is a must. I can never get too into a song with poor lyrics.

So well done TFK, you did a great job making an excellent album! Now come back to NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment